Stress is a Killer. You Can End it Here
Stress is one of the leading causes of illness and decreased quality of life in the U.S. There is no denying it anymore, if you’re sick the culprit is stress. Okay, maybe it’s not that simple. But for reals though, the struggle is real. Think of these stats:
• Stress can play a part in problems such as headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, skin conditions, asthma, arthritis, depression and anxiety. (Web MD)
• The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) declared stress a hazard of the workplace. Stress costs American industry more than $300 billion annually. (Web MD)
• The lifetime prevalence of an emotional disorder is more than 50%, often due to chronic, untreated stress reactions. (Web MD)
• Stress is the basic cause of 60% of all human illnesses and disease • Stress increases the risk of heart disease by 40% (Stress.org)
• Stress increases the risk of heart attack by 25% (Stress.org)
• Stress increases the risk of stroke by 50% (Stress.org)
• 40% of stressed people overeat or eat unhealthy foods (Stress.org)
Scary right? Sure it is. Luckily though, the cure is here and you don’t even need a lofty HSA to afford it. Here it is – drum roll – exercise and mindfulness. You can do a home workout routine, Tai Chi, or you can meditate, OR you can do both. That’s what sword training brings to the table. Slow controlled movements that require mindfulness and physical control. So get started, get stress free, and get control of your health.
Portions of this article previously appeared at http://mrsmindfulness.com/stressed-heres-how-to-reduce-prevent-the-silent-killer/
Trackback from your site.